111 Elk Ave 2nd Floor, Crested Butte, Colorado
Anyone Entering the Space Must Be Vaccinated
Join us in the heart of Crested Butte for a shared work experience. Located on Elk Avenue in the midst of restaurants and coffee shops, with a balcony and views of the avenue. We provide a quiet environment (headphones suggested) and well-behaved dogs are welcome. There are two conference rooms, high-speed fiber wireless, comfortable Aeron-style office chairs, desks and couches.
We only have monthly memberships (see below). We don’t have a concierge which would be necessary to manage shorter-term visitors.
Open Desk (Each day, choose any available non-dedicated desk)
- High-season $300/month: If you begin your membership in May-September.
- Off-season $200/month: If you begin your membership any months except May-September. High-season members revert to this price in off-season, for as long as their membership is continuous.
- High-season $400/month: If you begin your membership in May-September.
- Off-season $300/month: If you begin your membership any months except May-September. High-season members revert to this price in off-season, for as long as their membership is continuous.
This is a self-managed workspace. There will be some organizational inconveniences as we develop ourselves.
Please respect others in the space (See the note about Sound, below).
Please lock the door when you leave if no one else is on your side.
Monthly Memberships Only
Billing is month-to-month, per person. Our minimum is one month (The overhead of managing shorter times would not make sense for us). We do have people that come in for shorter times but they still pay for a month.
This is a non-traditional co-working space and is predominantly self managed, so we don’t have a staff person to handle drop-ins. There are several coffee shops in town that provide internet if that’s all you need. If you need a closed space, you might find one of the local hotels will serve your needs.
Sound & Phone Use
An important part of coworking is being around other people and having interesting conversations. We certainly want to encourage this, but in a way that doesn’t prevent focus when you need it.
If your job is nothing but taking and making phone calls or remote meetings, it’s not a good fit. Noise complaints are taken seriously. Disturbance is something I want to be careful about, to make sure everyone has a good experience.
Of course, people do need to sometimes have calls or remote meetings. The primary concern is intrusiveness. We have people that do regular video conferencing from their desks. This isn’t intrusive because they wear headsets and can be relatively quiet without impacting their meeting.
Headphones (noise-cancelling if you’re sensitive) are a recommended addition to your coworking kit. Not only will they exclude sound, they indicate to others that you’re “in the zone” and would prefer to be left alone. The safest choice to ensure you don’t disturb others is a headset with a built-in microphone on a stem directly in front of your mouth, like this one.
If you think a call will be intrusive, we have spaces that can be used for such calls:
- A small conference room
- A training room
- Another room
- The balcony
- The hallway between the two spaces (you can take a chair out there)
- High-speed wireless via a fiber connection via Internet Colorado. 100 Mbs/s both ways, and we can increase the speed when it becomes necessary. So far everyone is happy with the speed. They are currently upgrading the system so it is more resilient against outages.
- Memberships include 24⁄7 access via electronic locks connected to your smart phone.
- For security and safety, the space has recorded video surveilance.
- Invoicing is automatic and you may set up automatic payments as well.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- A contract, including a code of conduct, is coming.
- For internet security, we recommend using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) such as Proton VPN.
- Two separate spaces on the same floor.
- Balcony overlooking Elk Avenue.
- Two conference rooms. If no one has reserved them, you may work or make calls from these.
- Recently rebuilt bathrooms.
- There will be some isolated periodic construction (mostly paint work) as I continue to improve the space.